A "must do" for every visitor to Mossman Gorge are the Indigenous guided walks, conducted by the traditional owners of the Gorge, the Kuku Yalanji people. Ngadiku (Nar-di-gul) meaning stories and legends from a long time ago in local Kuku Yalanji language, takes you on a journey along private, easy graded tracks, visiting special places and culturally significant sites, past traditional bark shelters and over meandering cool rainforest streams.
Your half day tour begins with a convenient hotel pick up from your Port Douglas accommodation, approximately 20 minutes from Mossman Gorge. Experience the wonders of the World Heritage-listed Daintree Rainforest and discover pristine waterfalls, mountains and vivid flora and fauna. Your experienced Indigenous guide will demonstrate traditional plant use, show you how to make bush soap and ochre paints. After your guided walk, spend time browsing through the centre’s contemporary Indigenous art gallery, visit the gift shop or relax at the Mayi Café.
Departs Port Douglas at approx. 8:30 am & Returns at approx. 1:00 pm
- Return transfers from Port Douglas accommodation
- 1.5 hour Dreamtime Gorge Walk
- Experienced Indigenous guides
- Exclusive access to Kuku Yalanji land
- Stories of the Kuku Yalanji culture & traditions
- Traditional smoking ceremony
- Bush tea & damper
- Free access to the Mossman Gorge shuttle bus